This Membership Agreement (the Agreement) is effective (date goes here) by and between the CCC, hereinafter referred to as the Networker, and all current and future members of CCC hereinafter referred to as "Member".
1. Nature of the Membership | CCC was created to help others succeed in creating life-long relationships in the commercial real estate & construction industries. CCC will help its members to gain access to influential industry contacts that can be invaluable through direct introduction of its members through its many industry events or directly. Our goal is to provide a networking environment that can help its members to network to as many key industry contacts as possible.
2. User Registration and Information | Member shall fill in the correct information requested in the User Registration application attached. Members shall be required to promptly update the User Information within one week of it changing.
3. Behavioral Code of Conduct | How the country perceives CCC is the key to our past, present, and future success, and every one of our members is personally responsible for creating a culture focused on our values regarding relationships, integrity & leadership. Our members are the key to upholding CCC’s reputation as the preeminent networker in the commercial real estate & construction industries. CCC Code of Conduct holds us to the highest ethical standards, particularly during challenging situations. The Code applies to all members in all of our chapters ensuring a national consistent culture of integrity.
As a member, you are expected to:
• Uphold the highest standards of ethical conduct in every action you take while attending networking events hosted by CCC and any of its chapters or interacting with any of its members.
• Know the short list of simple rules and laws that govern our memberships and follow them.
• Ask questions and seek guidance when you are uncertain about the right course of action.
• Report issues or concerns when they arise.
4. Code of Conduct | CCC does not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment based on any characteristic protected by applicable law.
a. Any behavior, communication, or other conduct that creates an environment that is physically threatening, menacing, abusive or offensive based on any protected characteristic, or that otherwise interferes with any of its member’s ability to network is unacceptable.
b. Members are expected to report suspected misconduct. Only by speaking up when we suspect potential violations of conduct can we address issues before they become bigger problems.
c. CCC will take steps to protect the confidentiality of anyone who makes a good faith report of an actual or suspected violation, to the extent reasonably possible.
PROHIBITED HARRASSMENT DEFINIATION | Harassment is conduct based on a protected classification that can take many forms including: Written or verbal abuse or threats; Unwelcome remarks, jokes, slurs or taunting of a discriminatory nature; Practical jokes that embarrass or insult someone; Ignoring, isolating or segregating a person because of a protected classification; Materials that are of a discriminatory nature that are displayed publicly or circulated in the workplace; or, Unwanted physical contact. Events | CCC agrees to facilitate a minimum of 8 local networking events annually.
5. Release | If the Member has a dispute with one or more other Members, the Member shall release CCC from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
6. Privacy | CCC shall not sell or rent Members personal information to third parties without members’ explicit consent. CCC shall store and process member’s information on computers located in the United States that are protected technological security. However, CCC shall be permitted to access and modify members information.
7. Indemnity | Member shall indemnify and hold the CCC (and its officers, directors, agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of members breach of this Agreement, or members violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
8. No Agency | No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchiser-franchisee relationship is intended or created by this Agreement.
9. Terminating Membership | Member shall choose to retire or delete the published content from the Community’s site and it shall be no longer available or visible to other visitors. Terms regarding the status of the uploaded content shall remain applicable when the Member chooses to terminate the membership. Contents posted to the site, other than the published content, shall not be deleted or retired as a result of the Members termination.
10. Annual Renewal | Unless stated in writing by you 72 hours prior to your memberships renewing that you do not want to renew your membership, your membership with CCC will be automatically renewed on or after the anniversary date of your original acceptance of the membership.
11. Force Majeure | Neither the S.C. nor the Client shall be liable for any failure or delay in performance of its obligations under this Agreement arising out of or caused, directly or indirectly, by circumstances beyond its reasonable control, including, without limitation, acts of God; earthquakes; fires; floods; wars; civil or military disturbances; acts of terrorism; sabotage; strikes; epidemics; riots; power failures; computer failure and any such circumstances beyond its reasonable control as may cause interruption, loss or malfunction of utility, transportation, computer (hardware or software) or telephone communication service; accidents; labor disputes; acts of civil or military authority; governmental actions; or inability to obtain labor, material, equipment or transportation; provided, however, that in the event of a failure or delay, the S.C. & the Client (i) shall not discriminate against the other, and (ii) shall use its best efforts to ameliorate the effects of any such failure or delay.
12. Governing Law | This Agreement shall be construed under and governed in accordance with the laws of the state of Georgia.
13. Arbitration | Any dispute arising under this contract shall be resolved under the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association.
14. Limitation of Liability | Member shall not hold CCC responsible for other user Member’s content, actions or inactions